The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Hundreds of thousands of displaced people throughout northern Ethiopia face increasing hardship, as fighting intensifies. At the same time, shifting frontlines and deteriorating security make access for vital humanitarian aid even more challenging.
Quick Details of ICRC
- Hiring Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross
- Commonly Known as: ICRC
- Organization Type: Non-profit
- Organization Size: 7,000 employees
- Headquarters: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Official Website: www.icrc.org
The Administrative Assistant 1 provides complex secretarial and administrative support to the Finance Department in Addis Ababa.
- Understands and adheres to the 7 Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement;
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct;
- Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement;
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times;
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all time;
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers;
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC;
- May be asked to perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in handling the bookkeeping of medium/ large transactions in various currencies.
- Actively participate and assist Accountants in VAT reimbursement process.
- Participates in the monthly closure.
- Gives support during the absence of Accountants or Cashiers
- In charge of preparing and ensuring the final dispatch of the financial documents to Manila in collaboration with the finance team.
- Manage and ensure proper filing of both hardcopy and softcopy financial documents.
- The incumbent is responsible for the management of STM and Finance shared point space.
- Provide to support to non-finance staff regarding the finance procedure
- Follow up on regular updates of invoice and bank balances on the database
- Organizes fund transfers to the sub-delegations.
- Receives and reviews all financial documents and distributes for approval as per thresholds.
- Focal person for Delegation staff health voucher/document audit requests.
- In charge of invoice pre-registration as per rule on financial management.
In the absence of Accountants and Cashier or if it is needed, S/he will perform below specific tasks respecting the segregation of duty.
- Receives, records and cross-check cash payments and financial documents handed over by the cashier daily bases.
- Ensures proper entries of expenditure, income, and transfer into accounting application (IRIS) daily, respecting the ICRC chart of account.
- Performs daily cash control and produces daily cash statements using the accounting software.
- Handles cash disbursements and payments, including salaries and working advances.
- Applies the ICRC financial procedures for eventual discrepancies and reports them immediately to the Finance Head.
- Charges or records the expatriates’ account for private expenses, like telephone, fax, internet, duty free, etc. on monthly basis, and files copies for future reference.
- Settles Partner organization, Ethiopian Red cross society (ERCS) advances after checking their document and corresponding with the MoU.
- Keeping files of correspondence letters, financial documents.
- Fresh graduate of BA degree in Accounting/management/economics and other related subjects from recognized university with CGPA 3.5 and above.
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
- Good behaviour to work with people from various cultures and professional backgrounds
- Readiness and willingness for self-learning and personal developments
- Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel.
How to Apply
Candidates are expected to
First, submit a short online application form through the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/cQdyaHedsb and THEN
Formally apply with the usual application documents (CV and cover letter)
NOTE: A CANDIDATE WHO DID NOT SUBMIT
The Online application form will not be considered for this position.
Closing date: December 1, 2022
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.