The contents of book are as given below
1 Unit: Further on Relation and Functions
- Further on Relation and Functions
- Revision on relations
- Some additional types of functions
- Classification of functions.
- Composition of functions
- Inverse functions and their graphs.
2 Unit: Rational Expressions and Rational Functions.
- Simplification of rational expressions
- Rational equations
- Rational functions and their graphs.
3 Unit: Coordinate Geometry
- Straight line
- Conic sections
4 Unit: Mathematical Reasoning
- Arguments and validity
5 Unit: Statistics and Probability
6 Unit: Matrices and Determinants
- Determinants and their properties
- Inverse of a square matrix
- Systems of equations with two or three variables
- Cramer’s rule
7 Unit: The Set of Complex Numbers
- The concept of complex numbers
- Operations on complex numbers
- Complex conjugate and modulus
- Simplification of complex numbers
- Argand diagram and polar representation of
8 Unit: Vectors and Transformation of the Plane (For Natural Science Students)
- Representation of vectors.
- Scalar (inner or dot) product of vectors
- Application of vector
- Transformation of the plane
9 Unit: Further on Trigonometric Functions (For Natural Science Students)
- The functions y -sec x, y z csc x and y z cot x
- Inverse of trigonometric functions
- Graphs of some trigonometric functions
- Applications of trigonometric functions
10. Mathematical Applications in Business (For Social Science Students)
- Basic mathematical concepts in business.
- Compound interest and depreciation
- Saving, investing and borrowing money