The contents of book are as given below
Unit 1: Fundamental Concepts in Chemistry.
- 1.1 The Scope of Chemistry
- 1.2 Measurements and Units in Chemistry
- 1.3 Chemistry as Experimental Science
Unit 2: Atomic Structure and Periodic Table
- 2.1 Historical Development of the Atomic Nature of Substances
- 2.2 Dalton’s Atomic Theory and the Modern Atomic Theory
- 2.3 Early Experiments to Characterize the Atom
- 2.4 Makeup of the Nucleus
- 2.5 Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) and Atomic Spectra
- 2.6 The Quantum Mechanical Model of the Atom
- 2.7 Electronic Configurations and Orbital Diagrams.
- 2.8 Electric Configuration and the Periodic Table of the Elements
Unit 3: Chemical Bonding and Structure
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Ionic Bonding
- 3.3 Covalent Bonding and Molecular Geometry.
- 3.4 Metallic Bonding
- 3.5 Chemical Bonding Theories
- 3.6 Types of Crystals
Unit 4: Chemical Kinetics
- 4.1 Rate of Reaction
- 4.2 Theories of Reaction Rates
- 4.3 Rate Equation or Rate Law
- 4.4 Reaction Mechanism
Unit 5: Chemical Equilibrium and Phase Equilibrium.
- 5.1 Chemical Equilibrium
- 5.2 Phase Equilibrium
Unit 6: Carboxylic Acids, Esters, Fats and Oils
- 6.1 Carboxylic Acids
- 6.2 Esters
- 6.3 Fats and Oils