beGirl.world Global Scholars will award two (2) $2,000 scholarships to Black female identifying college students who have been accepted to a study abroad program:
This scholarship is for one Black female-identifying college student who is from Philadelphia and is enrolled at an accredited Philadelphia/Metro-Philadelphia/Pennsylvania college or university.
This scholarship is for one Black female-identifying college student who is enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States of America, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands.
* 18 and over (must be of age by September 1, 2022)
*United States Citizen
*Enrolled in a two- or four-year degree granting program (Graduate students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship at this time.)
* Accepted into a Study Abroad program at time of application
**Philly Scholar applicants must also be a current resident of the City of Philadelphia
* Proof of US Citizenship
(Acceptable forms of documentation: original, digital, or copy of US birth certificate, US passport, or Certificate of Naturalization)
* Letter of Recommendation from a professor, supervisor, or mentor currently involved in your life in the last 3 years who can speak to your character, leadership and passion to study abroad. You can submit this application and have your letter of recommendation sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org instead. All application materials, including the letter of recommendation, must be received by the application deadline.
* Proof of enrollment and in good standing at a 2 or 4 year college with at least 36 credits
(Acceptable form of documentation: current Official Transcript; unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.)
* Proof of acceptance into a study abroad program
(Acceptable forms of documentation: digital or photocopy of Letter of Acceptance into Study Abroad Program)
* Proof of Philadelphia residency for Philly Scholar award ONLY
(Acceptable forms of documentation: digital or photocopy of current lease, home/property deed, letter from landlord, utility bill, current voter registration, or birth certificate)
Applications and all supporting documents are due July 29, 2022. Late applications or documents will not be considered.
Finalists will participate in an interview via video conference with members of the Scholarship Committee in late August.
Winners will be announced on September 16, 2022.
Before applying, we recommend preparing your responses offline in advance and then copying them into the online form as the scholarship application does not have a save feature. You can see a preview of the application questions here.
Specific questions should be directed to email@example.com.