The Student Summer Research Fellowship (ETH SSRF) programme offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain their first research experience in an area of their choice. The fellowship provided by the Computer Science Department of ETH takes place during two summer months and is open to all students worldwide. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
The main part of the Student Summer Research Fellowship programme at ETH Zurich is devoted to doing research in one of the available areas.
- Time frame: 1 July – 31 August. Please note that the time and duration of the fellowship is fixed to cover the full two months of July and August.
- Eligibility. Bachelor’s and master’s students worldwide with an
expected graduation date earliest during the spring semester the year after the 2-month fellowship.
- Research experience. Fellows will pursue a research project that aligns with a chosen area of their interest as part of a research group in our department. This includes interacting and collaborating with group members.
- Networking and socialising. A number of on-site socialising events will help fellows to get to know people outside their respective research groups, including current ETH students at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Stipend. Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF 1.750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the programme.
- Accommodation. Affordable housing during the research stay will be organised, once a candidate is accepted into the programme. We will also provide information regarding visa applications (where required).
- Switzerland. Fellows have the opportunity to explore the vibrant culture of Zurich in the summer as well as the beautiful mountainous landscape of Switzerland in their free time.
Application is now open! Before applying make sure you have read how to apply and prepared all required documents as PDF files.
To register search for your home university in the list provided or create an account using an email address. After your registration, SiROP offers you to affiliate with your own institution. To create such an affiliation is NOT a required step if you want to apply.
3. Click the «Apply now» button at the top of the linked SiROP opportunity.
Only complete applications with all the required documents can be considered for admission.
For more details click here