University of Otago Scholarships 2022 in NewZealand Details
- Degree: MS & PHD & Professional Doctorate Degree
- Country: New Zealand
- Deadline: Open Now
List of Scholarships
- University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship
- University of Otago Māori Doctoral Scholarship
- University of Otago Pacific Islands Doctoral Scholarship
- University of Otago Special Health Research Scholarship
- University of Otago-China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarships
- University of Otago City of Literature PhD Scholarship
- University of Otago Master’s Research Scholarship
- University of Otago Māori Master’s Research Scholarship
- University of Otago Pacific Islands Master’s Research Scholarship
- University of Otago International Master’s Research Scholarship
- Divisional Scholarship – Division of Sciences
- Alliance Group Postgraduate Scholarship
- Bamforth Postgraduate Scholarship
- Bruggeman Postgraduate Scholarship in Classics
- Daniel Taylor Senior Scholarship in Philosophy
- David Renfrew White Scholarship in Education
- Dr Sulaiman Daud 125th Jubilee Postgraduate Scholarship
- Duffus Lubecki Postgraduate Scholarship in Applied Science
- Fanny Evans Postgraduate Scholarship for Women
- Gilbert M Tothill Scholarship in Psychological Medicine
- Jack Bradshaw Scholarship in Geology
- James Park Scholarship
- John Edmond Postgraduate Scholarship for Industrial Research in Chemistry
- Macandrew-Stout Postgraduate Scholarship in Economics
- Otago Council Inc Scholarship inScience
- R & E Seelye Trust Master’s Scholarship
- Senior Smeaton Scholarship in Experimental Science
- Tassell Cancer Research Scholarship
- Waddell Smith Postgraduate Scholarship
- Williamson Medical Research PhD Scholarship
Doctoral and Research Masters’ scholarships consist of the following components for the tenure of the scholarship.
- A tuition fee waiver
- For students studying on campus in New Zealand, or with approved distance study in New Zealand, a living allowance paid in equal monthlyinstalments for the tenure period of the Scholarship.
- Funded by the University of Otago For doctoral students not otherwise provided for by scholarships in this schedule. The current value of this scholarship is $28,600 per year.
Doctoral and Masters’ scholarships will be awarded on the basis of
- The applicant’s academic record
- Certificate of Proficiency
- The applicant’s potential for, or record of,research.
- The recommendation and/or ranking of the relevant Head of Department.
- International candidates studying for professional doctorates are eligible to apply but if awarded a scholarship the tuition fee waiver will be provided
- In the case of applicants for a doctoral scholarship, confirmation of the scholarship is dependent on approval of their application for admission to the relevant doctoral programme and completion of the enrolment procedure.
- In the case of applicants for a Master’s scholarship, confirmation of the scholarship is dependent on approval of their application to register as a Master’s candidate and completion of the enrolment procedure.
- A doctoral or Master’s scholarship may be awarded with full-time or part-time tenure. Part- time tenure will only be granted in cases where full-time study is not practicably possible.
- During tenure of the scholarship, the candidate must undertake research in Dunedin or at the University of Otago, Christchurch or University of Otago, Wellington.
- Tenure of a doctoral scholarship isfor three full-time years
- Tenure of a Master’s scholarship is for one full-time year.